Have you had your oral cancer screening this summer yet? In the USA alone, over 42,000 people are diagnosed with oral cancer every year. Treating oral cancer is often much easier if it is found early enough.
Listed below are some of the most commonly found symptoms of oral cancer:
– Check for noticeable damage to your mouth, including eroded areas, patches, rough spots, lumps, and bumps, as well as for sores and lesions that do not heal after 2 weeks.
– Look for discolored patches in your mouth, typically ones that are white and red.
– Look for signs of unexplained bleeding that is not easily stopped.
– Check for signs of numbness or loss of feeling in the head, face, and neck areas.
– Check for a persistent sore throat or the feeling of a lump in the back of your throat, as well as difficulties chewing, speaking, eating, and swallowing.
– Dramatic weight loss that is not easily explained could be a sign of cancer.
Please stop by Smiley Dental Broadway for an oral cancer screening from our team at our amazing dentist facility in Garland, Texas. Schedule your visit by calling us at 972.303.3600. Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!